Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Who's getting the praise?

From a story on The Oval:

'Thank you, Lord Jesus!' Excited young man lands job -- for a day -- after asking Obama a question

Ok, was he thanking Jesus for Obama's answer, or thanking Obama because he's the messiah?

Another comment, in an interview with fellow-worshipper Keith Olberman, from the young man provides further insight:
Olbermann: "Were you satisfied with the president's actual answer to your question about improving your benefits?"

Osegueda: "Yes, I was. I was truly blessed. The answer that Mr. President Obama gave me was such a motivation that made me feel as if success is around the corner. Just keep trying hard and don't stop for anything."

"Truly blessed." The channel of that blessing is Obama, apparently. And I suppose seeing-positive-results-from-hard-work only became possible on January 20, 2009.

No comments: